I have a datasheet form that contains several controls with control source set as "=dlookup(..,..,..)"
Now they all work fine, however when I just added one control containing the following.
=DMax("ID","OrientationNotes","OrientationID = " & nz([TxtOrientationID],0))
That causes all my other dlookup text boxes to delay their display with a few seconds, what it actually does is it displays a few records, then pauses for a few seconds and then displays the rest, unless if I click on them that triggers a quicker response.
One interesting point, I realized that the records that get immediately displayed are always the same, for example record #1 5 and 6, and there is no obvious pattern.
FYI, this issue is only happening in 2003 version, while with the older version of 2000 it does immediately display all records.
The reason I have them in dlookup boxes instead of creating a view that contains all these as part of the record source, is that I need this form to be fully updetable, so users can add/edit and delete directly from the form.