We have an Exchange '10 Server called EXCH10. In preparation for migrating to Exchange '13, I created a new VM, intended to be called EXCH13. I joined it to the domain and then realized that I had mistakenly named it EXCH10 as well. I changed its name to EXCH13 and that's where I left it for the day.
A few hours later, I was notified that users couldn't connect to Exchange. I connected to EXCH10 but couldn't log in--I got a trust relationship error. I logged in as the local administrator account and found that the Exchange Transport Service wasn't running. I removed the server from the domain, rebooted, and then readded it. (The removal and readding processes each took close to 10 minutes after I entered the domain credentials.) After the reboot, about half of the Exchange services wouldn't start.
I removed EXCH10 and EXCH13 from the domain again and "reset" their accounts in ADUC. I then joined them back to the domain. That had no effect--the same services won't start. I'm guessing that something is messed up with the SID but am not sure what to do next. Please advise.