When trying to change the permissions on any networked file I get 'An error occurred while applying security information to: Y:\Folder Name' Access is denied.
- All PC's are Windows 7
- This is the second time this has happened over the last year to me, the first time the only resolution was to re install the PC.
- I have tried changing the ownership of the file to myself but it didn't make a difference.
- I can successfully change the permission of files saved locally on the C drive.
- I cant change the permission of any network file (tried on different servers).
- If I boot a PC in safe mode I can change the permissions on any network file successfully.
- I have logged onto a different PC and the same problem occurs.
Hopefully someone can work out whats going on....