[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More
Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by
"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.
Configure ColdFusion for e-mail
* In the ColdFusion Administrator, select Server Settings > Mail.
* In the Mail Server box, enter the name or IP address of your SMTP mail server.
* (Optional) Change the Server Port and Connection Timeout default settings.
* Select the Verify Mail Server Connection option to make sure ColdFusion can access your mail server.
* If your mail server does not use port 25, the default, SMTP port, change the Server Port default settings.
* Depending on your ColdFusion edition, the Mail page in the Administrator has additional options that you can use to configure and optimize ColdFusion mail behavior. Select these options as appropriate.
* Click Submit Changes.
ColdFusion saves the settings. The page displays a message indicating success or failure for connecting to the server.
Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.
<cfparam name="fromEmail" type="string" default="">
<cfparam name="toEmail" type="string" default="">
<cfparam name="ccEmail" type="string" default="">
<cfparam name="bccEmail" type="string" default="">
<cfparam name="messageBody" type="string" default="">
<cfmail to="#toEmail#" cc="#ccEmail#" bcc="#bccEmail#" from="#fromEmail# (Automated Email Notification)" subject="Email Report - XX" timeout=60 type="HTML">
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<p><strong>*** DAILY STATUS CHECK ***</strong></p>
<p>This automated notificationy<br />
<strong>Helpful Troubleshooting Tips</strong>:<br />
1. Please make sure the computer is on where the upload scripts are executed. <br />
2. Make sure any associated scheduled windows tasks are functioning.<br />
3. Please verify that any directory paths used by scripts have not been changed. <br />
<strong>IT Section</strong><br />
E-Mail: <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>
<table width="80%" border="1">
<th scope="col">System Message</th>
<!--- A dynamic message could go in the messageBody variable... --->
Open in new window
From novice to tech pro — start learning today.
Premium members can enroll in this course at no extra cost.