IPhones and IPads not connected to Exchange 2013

Hello All -

Fresh install of Windows 2013 within Exchange 2013 SP 1 w/ 3rd party SAN certs applied.  We created the Autodiscovery both externally and internally and Windows phones and Outlook 2013 clients have no issues Automatically discovering and configuring the Outlook client.

However,  Apple OS devices cannot connect even if we manually try to configure them - We tried both the native Exchange client as well as the Outlook 2013 client available within the Appstore with no luck.  

Any ideas on what we should be looking at would be greatly appreciated!  - Zoo
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

If this happen to all user? Does the mailbox's activesync feature enable?
Could you run test connectivity to verify the activesync.

zookeepa1Author Commented:
Passed with warnings...

      The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is testing Exchange ActiveSync.
The warning
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://DOMAIN.com:443/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml for user t@DOMAIN.com.
       The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.
      Additional Details
A redirect response was received, but only HTTPS redirect URLs are supported in response to a POST request. The URL that was received was http://www.DOMAIN.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml.

Tom Jacob ChirayilSystems EngineerCommented:
Did you create an 'A' record for Autodiscover?
The SRV record mechanism does not still support iPhones and android phones. The A record should point to the client access server. Also, if you have a load balancer in front of CAS, please check the Load balancer documentation and make sure it is configured appropriately for ActiveSync.
Big Business Goals? Which KPIs Will Help You

The most successful MSPs rely on metrics – known as key performance indicators (KPIs) – for making informed decisions that help their businesses thrive, rather than just survive. This eBook provides an overview of the most important KPIs used by top MSPs.

zookeepa1Author Commented:
Hi tomjacobchirayil -

An A record was created.  This customer does not have a load balance and this is a single on premise installation.

Any other ideas?

I suspect you created the record with the ISP to match the autodiscover.domain.com.

This was ok, but accordingly to your message/question, it looks like the virtual directory is getting redirected to an http instead of staying on https.

Check your IIS for redirections on the virtual directory and while you are at it make sure you have the right authentication selected.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
zookeepa1Author Commented:
Hmm...Based on the IIS comment I just noticed I did not have a external FQDN defined for autodiscover.  Rookie mistake - need to check if this corrected the issue.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.