I am configuring Cisco 4400 series Wireless Lan Controller model AIR-WLC4402-25-K9 V01 with following software detail.
Product Version: 22.214.171.124
RTOS Version: 126.96.36.199
Boot Loader Version: 188.8.131.52
Emergency Image Version: 184.108.40.206
The problem that I am facing after the configuration is that from WLC I am unable to get an ICMP reply from AP manger port that is a part of same network.
Please find below configuration details:
1. Service port is completely on a different network with the IP address 192.168.100.1/24 and it’s not patched inn to our network I connect my laptop to access WLC using web interface.
2. It is also a non routable IP.
3. The Management and AP manager Interfaces are on a same network with following IP addresses.
4. Management Interface IP 10.30.0.20 /16.
5. AP Manager IP: 10.30.0.21/16 and the VLANS are untagged.
6. WLC on both end (i.e. are connected using GLC connectors and are also trunk port on the switch.
7. One thing that I observed during the CLI configuration wizard was bit strange as Cisco documentation and Videos clearly showed this option:
‘’AP Transport Mode [Layer2][Layer3]:
But during configuration wizard on our WLC it didn’t appear, can someone guide me that how can I enable that feature on WLC.
Please find below network diagram as well.