We have a 2003 compiled access project that we are trying to run using MS Office 2010. Before you tell me to update the project you need to know that this project uses Access Security which is no longer available with 2010. That being said we have seen a couple of issues that are causing us to pull our hair out.
We have a report where we set a date range for filtering purposes. When I run against the office 2003 library it works fine when I run against the office 2010 library the date criteria is ignored this is the call that I'm using in code.
DoCmd.OpenReport DocName, outDevice, , Criteria
Another problem we're seeing is that we can export an xls spreadsheet and launch excel when running with the office 2003 library however when running using the office 2010 library the sheet is created but excel is never launched
This is some of the suspect code
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97, tQuery, SA, True
Shell "Excel """ & SA & """", vbNormalFocus
I switch between the 2 libraries by executing my code using this shortcut for changing Office11 to Office14
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\BCBS\ipc_11177D-BCBSSC.mdb" /wrkgrp "C:\InventoryPro\SYSTEM8.MDW".
One other thing to note the machine that exhibits the problem has both access 2010 and access 2003 installed