Hello, I am having trouble getting a script to load for a custom Wordpress theme made by another developer. The script should load a carousel gallery with a lightbox function. But, since the script is not loading, it will not display on the page.
The custom theme is based off of the Twenty Ten Theme. The plugin I am using is FooGallery Owl Carousel. The Owl Carousel is one of the templates available under the FooGallery plugin.
The site is still in development, but I have made a duplicate copy of the original site to test on.
Here are the temporary credentials:
I have made a page to test the display of the carousel. This is the page that does not
display the carousel. I can only see it in the code.
When using the Firefox Inspector I see this error message on the foo-owl-carousel page.
TypeError: $(...).owlCarousel is not a function
These are the steps I have taken so far:
1. Disabled all other plugins. (Did not work)
2. Switched themes (Plugin worked when I switched themes)
3. The previous developer was using the jquery version of the plugin (http://owlgraphic.com/owlcarousel/
). I have removed all references to that plugin so that I can use the Wordpress version of the plugin (https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/foogallery-owl-carousel-template
4. The FooGallery has several other templates that can be used. They display correctly. Only the owl carousel will not display
5. I have the latest versions of everything installed.
6. I am displaying it via shortcode. There are no other tags around the shortcode to interfere when viewed in the Text Mode.
7. Jquery is being called in the header.
8. Jquery loads before the plugin.
9. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin to no avail.
I have asked assistance from the original developer of the Owl Carousel plugin and he has yet to answer or resolve the issue. I have tried everything I know to get the script to load. But cannot make it work.
Any help would be so greatly appreciated.