Hello all and thanks for your time and expertise.
Here's my scenario: The network in the building I'm working on is flat (on the default vlan 1.) There are three switches, all cisco 3560gs. We have the core switch, the mdf, and one idf.
- I wanted to segment all of the wireless traffic on a new vlan (10) . On the core, I created the vlan and named it. I also assigned it an ip address and subnet, and ip helper address.
- I then wanted to trunk all of the ports the APs are plugged into. I configured the AP ports are as follows:
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 10
- I created the corresponding dhcp scope for the wifi devices.
- when i execute sh vlan on the core, mdf, or idf - my new vlan shows up so vtp is working.
- when i execute sh int trunk (relative to the ap port trunked) - it show the trunk port and my allowed vlan.
Anyway, as I indicated - my wifi devices are not getting an ip address on this new vlan. Please let me know if there's something I'm missing. This is a flat network and I'm now adding a vlan. Your help and recommendations are greatly apprecaited.