Dell XPS 8700 with 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drive
Windows 8 boot:
1. Preparing Automatic Repair
2. Windows Ran into a problem (very brief)
I've done some dilligence.
1. Legacy boot to that hard drive (same result)
2. Boot to Dell Diagnostics (passes all tests/extended tests)
3. Boot to repair disk/repair USB - Files loading then BSOD with ntfs.sys error
4. Placed HD as a secondary HD in another system running Windows 7 - that also BSOD's with ntfs.sys (I'm not even booting to that drive when this happens)
5. Booted to Spinrite (6) - Invalid Partition for Drive size - The partition exceeds the size of this drive as defined by the system's BIOS or BIOS extension
6. Boot to Acronis Drive Image doesn't find that drive, but some of the tools within DI show its there. Bottom line, cannot create image.
I highly suspect this is a Hard Drive issue. System is out of warranty and I have no way of restoring system to original state (no media, replacing the HD will not give me that restore option).
Any suggestions appreciated.