Hi Experts. I am working on a migration of our exchange 2010 server and users/database (1 database) over to a new exchange 2013 server. I have so far done the following:
1. Installed exchange 2013 on new server
2. Exported 2010 3rd party cert from 2010 server and have imported it into new 2013 exchange server
3. *Started receiving those familiar certificate popups asking if we trust this cert and it now points to the new exchange 2013 server...I have not changed any dns mx or certificate dns to show new server yet*
4. Checked the default Virtual Directory permissions to make sure they looked ok
5. I read that i need to make sure and create the new databases on the new exchange 2013 server so i can move users. I think i may be getting ahead of myself here because i feel i've missed some critical steps and also when i try to create a new database on the server i receive a "The location for LogFolderPath isn't on a fixed drive' message.
Can someone help with steps after step 2 above as i believe i may be getting ahead of myself as i said. I don't want to make a mistake and have our users be down at any point and already i believe i'm hurting that cause. ha. Thanks!!