Database is 140GB Log file is 133GB
Set to full recovery mode
Here is the Maintenances plan I have setup for this database:
1. Full backup that occurs nightly at 1AM (Exec BackupDB)
2. Hourly Log backups (Exec BackupLog) Does not occur during full backup.
3. Weekly Database Integrity checks On Sunday at 12am
4. Depending on percentage will do a Rebuild or Reindex Sunday at 4AM
The log file has grown 20 gbs in the last 2 weeks.
1. Am I doing something wrong?
2. How can I stop this from growing so much?
3. I read that shirking the log file is bad, is that true?
Any suggestions or pointers are appreciate.
The Goal would follow best practices and keep the log files as low as possible without losing performance.
I am still fairly new in the SQL world.