Hi to everybody!
I have a customer that is having a HP Proliant ML350 server with Windows 2012 R2. Server har is a DC, DNS and FileSharing as well.
The problem is that for 2 months ago windows updates stopped with working.
So far i have been trying following sollutions
1. Inactivate the antivirus which is Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced and tried to run the updates. No lyck
2. Other sollutions
Step 1: Verify the relevant Windows Update services
1. Click the Start Button, in Start Search box, type: "services.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Double click the service "Windows Update".
3. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service.
4. Please repeat the above steps with the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service.
You need to temporarily stop these services.
Step 2: Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder
This problem may occur if the Windows Update Software distribution folder has been corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to rename this folder. Please note that the folder will be re-created the next time we visit the Windows Update site.
1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click the Start Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click on "Command Prompt” and click "Run as administrator".
4. In "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before we try to rename the folder. However, if it fails, please let me know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.
5. Click the Start Button, in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select Rename and type "SoftwareDistribution.old" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. While still in the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.
No lyck att all
Does somebody else experienced the same problem?
Thanks in advance