I have a system with 3 physical servers.
1. One is running Server 2008 R2 Standard with File Server, Print Server, AD, DHCP and DNS Roles
2. The second is running Server 2008 R2 Standard with Exchange Server 2010
3. The third is running Server 2003 R2 with File Server, Application Server and Terminal Server Roles (Main purpose is Terminal Server)
I would like to upgrade the Terminal Server machine to Windows 2008 R2
1. Can I still purchase Server 2008 R2?
2. Is there anything I need to be concerned about when upgrading the Terminal Server machine?
3. I saw documentation about upgrading that talks about running adprep before upgrading. Is this necessary on a machine not running the AD Role?
The Terminal Server hardware is Dual Xeon 5148 Dual Core processors @ 2.33GHz and 4GB RAM