We've had 2 domain controllers - a windows 2003 and windows 2008 R2. Yesterday we had a vendor demote the 2003 server and promote a new 2012 server. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but we started having issues with one of our applications. We found that the users were getting the following errors: processing of group policy failed (some error code 1055 and some 1053 or 1054). For some odd reason, my pc is processing the group policy and that application is working on my pc. I think the 2 are tied together.
I have no clue what to do / what to look for. Our vendor has limited availability today so I'm trying to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. We've checked DNS and that appears to be fine. The vendor said there was a corrupt sysvol that was resolved last night, but the issue is still continuing today.