I have 2 DC's (Win2k12 r2) and several workstations (win7) in a domain called homeoffice. A Konica Minolta 4695MF printer has the capability to scan documents to computers, using either SMB or FTP. Right now, Scanning to one of the DC's using SMB works fine, but the scanning to a workstation does not.
1) I tried using the WS user's local credentials and i get a connection error msg on printer. The user has no password, so I give him one temporarily. But the error then is wrong password. Each and every time I mirrored the credentials in the printer's SMB settings.
2) I tried signing onto the WS with the user's AD profile and password.
3) I tried creating a user called "Scanner" and gave it a password, both in AD and locally to the WS. Neither scenarios worked. Even when I signed onto the WS using the Scanner profile, the msg was "wrong password."
4) I tried to make sure of the credentials the printer was using by entering user as "host\user", but the printer's firmware refused to accept that format.
5) Giving up on SMB, I tried to establish an FTP site on the workstation, but the error msgs were essentially the same as above. I even validated the FTP site setup by logging in from Command and in Chrome.
I don't know what else I can do. Is it possible to "get there from here"?? Thanks for any help.