Our thoughts are this:
1) Install AD Services & DNS.
a. Join existing domain and promote to DC, no role migration at this point.
b. Forest prep the SBS 2008 to new schema
c. Install and Configure DNS as secondary
2) Install print services, configure & deploy via GPO. Remove old print services form SBS
3) Use DFS to replicate user files between SBS and Win2012, switch users to use this as the filestore.
4) Uninstall Exchange
5) Move AD roles (must complete within 21 days).
1) Is the above a reasonable plan?
2) What about user profile data?
3) Are the old GPOs used by SBS 2008 still useable?
4) The use of the migration tool doesn’t seem to be supported on SBS 2008.
Any thoughts most welcome.