We have developed a ASP.NET web application and required to integrate with MS Active Directory.
The items to be integrated with MS Active Directory:
1. Import users from active directory onto our web application.
2. Inherit the user credentials from MS Active Directory, for example
- if the user has administrative rights, allow the user to perform administrative tasks on our web applications functionality that has create, update or delete.
- if the user has normal rights, do not allow any administrative tasks on the web application.
3. Inherit hardware credentials assigned to users from MS Active Directory, for example
- if the user is allowed to print, allow the user to print with no restriction on the web application.
- if the user is not allowed to print, our web application should disable the printing feature.
Also, we are looking at using C# LdapConnection for our web application so that we able to integrate with non windows directory services (if required) as well.
Please let us know and provide some ideas how can we achieve to perform the items described above? Is it feasible?