I have a client who unfortunately has a Windows Vista machine. Its old, but they are comfortable with and until recently it was working alright. It uses Norton 360 Premier as AV.
Now the issue is some what hard to explain. But basically some website pictures load fine, others don't. The problem websites for this particular computer is: http://www.realestate.com.au
. Sometimes the websites load up and then stop, as if there is a time out. Other times the browser cannot seem to find it. Complains of a time out issue.
Other websites like google images show the images fine.
List of things I've done:
- Removed any programs that the client doesn't recognize (or me).
- Ran Malwarebytes
- Ran Spybot
- Ran CC Cleaner
- Removed all Temporary Internet Files
- Reset all settings on IE
- Reset the network adapter
- Ran the diagnose on the network - nothing found
- Ping works fine to any hostname I've tried
- Installed the latest Java
- Installed Adobe Flash
- Installed Adobe Reader
- All Windows Updates installed (except for 3 bloatware)
- Ran CMD prompt elevated with the following commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
- Manually set the DNS to 184.108.40.206
- I've tested both IE and Firefox each time I make a change
- I've tested in Safe Mode and no joy
- I've restarted multiple times through out any given change
One thing I do notice is that when I go to right click on an image in IE, that should be showing, under Type it shows unknown. When in the URL it clearly mentions JPG or similar.
To me it sounds like a DNS issue, because I sometimes see it sitting there trying to connect with some 3rd party link or picture or whatever. But I might be completely off base.