We have 3 ESXi hosts that have local storage installed. We purchased an HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 and then discoverd that, that ProLiant Server will only work on VMware ESXi host 5.5 Update 2.
We have updated VCenter to 5.5 Update1 and things appears to be working just fine. We are planning on updating the other 2 Vcenter servers to VMware Update 5.5 Update 2 soon. The other 2 servers are currently at VMware version 5.1 Update 1.
We discovered today that Citrix Netscaler version 10.1 will not work on ESXi host version 5.5 update 2. We were told that we must update Netscaler to a newer version. Lets say 10.5. My questions are the following:
1. Is it true that netscaler 10.1 will not work on VMware 5.5 update 2.
2. Will the fix be to update netscaler to a newer version?
3. Will the newer version of netscaler not work with any version of Citrix XenApp?
a. We are currently using XenApp Server 6.0.
b. We are getting ready to update to Citrix XenApp 7.5.
Please reference: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/System_Utilities/Remote_Access/Citrix/Q_28680140.html
Since we have had 2 pretty specific errors or surprises, I can't help but think what else may go wrong when we update the ESXi hosts this weekend.
4. Are there any known problems that VMware 5.5 Update 2 will not work with Exchange 2010 or anything windows related?
5. Is it normal to have VMware ESXi host not work with some specific applications like Citrix or anything specific?
Please answer the above 5 questions.