What is the bar for hiding and showing columns in excel easily called and how do I add/remove


Excel screenshot
I have received an old workbook which I notice has an extra bar above the column headers for easily toggling between column groups being hidden or unhidden.  It has a minus or a plus to toggle the group and a 1 and 2 box to the far left.  I've tried various google search terms but am obviously not using the right ones.  Can someone tell me what its called and how I can add/remove groups?
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

SteveCost AccountantCommented:
It is Outline (Grouping) in the Data tab:

This can be found in DataOutlineGroup / Ungroup

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
simonwaitAuthor Commented:
Brilliant thanks that was really beginning to wind me up
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Excel

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.