I've been chasing my tail on this for days and hope someone can assist, I've got a project I've been working on for a couple of months and have many versions of. There is a Range of cells in the current workbook that somehow had their formulas converted to values. When I go back to an earlier version and try to copy Cell AR8 and Paste as Formulas to the current version (these are date formulas), the Paste results in a value, and the value is not even equal to the value that was copied. I'm attaching two versions - the older version is "EE Example - Previous.xlsm" and the newer version is "EE Example - Current.xlsm". If I can get that working, I'll proceed to copy Cell AS8 to the Current file, too (the formulas are slightly different).
I know it sounds simple. The things I've tried:
- This is not the issue with the Skype Click-to_Call add-in in IE (I've never had Skype installed on this PC).
- I've tried it with all browsers closed.
- I've done an Office Repair which threw errors
- I've done an Office Uninstall which also threw errors
- I've downloaded and ran the MS Fixit for Uninstall Errors and this also threw errors
- I downloaded and ran a 3rd party Office Uninstall 'clean-up' utility and this, too, also threw errors but the Office 2010 program did finally disappear from Program & Features
- I did an Office Re-install, which also threw errors
- Thinking this was beginning to look like a virus of some kind, I ran Full scans with Avast! Anti-virus (free edition) and MalwareBytes Anti-Malaware program (Professional Edition). Note: Throughout this process, all relevant programs (W7, Office, Avast!, MBAM were current on Updates and patches)
- At this point, I proceeded to do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (32 bit) and Office 2010 Pro. Then did all of the updates (I know I should have invested the time to image my hard drive before now and after this experience I will ... just as soon as I can get past this problem and know it's not my computer)
- All of the above steps failed to correct the original Copy/Paste problem.
- Finally, I copied the files to another computer and found that the problem repeated there, too (which told me the problem was in the file and not the computer.
- I can't even copy the formula from the source file's Formula bar and paste them to the Current file.
- I can copy other formulas (simple ones with simple formats as opposed to the more complex ones with conditional formatting in the referenced Cells AR8:AS8) from the Previous file to the same Current file, and those work.
I have no idea what this could be and hope someone can help me figure this out.