I have been working on a requirement to consolidate our exchange environment, meaning that we have four branch offices reporting to head office, and each branch office has got different domain and different email address & exchange servers are consisting of exchange 2010 and exchange 2013. Now our management intends to have a single email address for all offices, and eventually all the email address will be managed by head office using exchange 2010 environment.
Now I need to migrate all the users (User1@ Branchoffice1.com, User2@ Branchoffice2.com, User3@ Branchoffice3.com, User4@ Branchoffice4.com) to headoffice.com
Though we have a plan to consolidate active directory infrastructure latter this year but at his moment, management wants us to apply single email address for all users.
I need your advise how can I plan for the implementation steps, could you please validate the following procedure and advise.
1. Establish AD trust between headoffice.com to branchoffice1.com to brachoffice4.com since branch office users will be using headoffice.com email address, sitting in branch office AD.
2. Need to create all new mailboxes for branch office users in headoffice.com with same address @headoffice.com
3. Need to set a forwarder from branchoffice1.com to headoffice.com for new user mailboxes.
4. Export existing PST from branch office mailbox and import to new outlook mailbox (headoffice.com)
5. Change the MX record to Branchoffice1.com to heaoffice.com
6. Disable the forwarding from brachoffice.com to headoffice.com