Request is for a design solution that can be applied to a number of processes.
A Business organization want to use another organization's processes to run their institution. The latter's processes have unique literals specific to the organization. The programmer is being asked to do a mass retrofit of all object's containing literals specific to the one's organizations.
For those with PeopleSoft experience -- the objects below will be familiar to you.
First part of the plan: Find the literal
1. SQR Objects (like database scripts) -- use perl to extract the literal references in batch
2. Component Interfaces - use component interface to access fields stored on pages or in events (not sure about app packages but we don't have many of the latter)
3. App Engines - use the PeopleSoft metasql to search out the literal
Second part: Replace with a variable
1. sqr programs --- I could use a LOAD LOOKUP
2. Component Interface --- need to understand a bit more
3. App Engine programs -- Update sql steps -- need to examine more.
Third Part: Reference the variable that contains the literal >>>>>>Stuk at the moment <<<<<<<<. What would be the most efficient way of accessing this.
ie Run Control page where you populate each time???? Reference Table.
Note : The organization will have there own separate database but use the same 'retrofitted' programs.
This is just some of the brainstorming I am beginning to do. Any ideas will be appreciated. I will probably extend this with many questions to reward great answers until I have a working plan. Of course I will continue to think about my solution.