I installed a brand new Dell Win 7 Pro 64 bit desktop last week for a small client. They have a domain and a Win 2012 server and five Windows 7 Pro desktops. The new desktop is in the domain and runs all other applications perfectly.
On this new desktop. I installed Office 2013 which was purchased from dell with the system. I connected it to the client's Hosted Exchange and email started flowing perfectly. They were using Office 2007 on the desktop I replaced. Other PC's in the office run Office 2013 or 2007.
ESET Endpoint anti virus is installed on the new desktop.
When he receives an email with an excel attachment and double clicks it to open it, Excel opens but no spreadsheet appears as if Excel was launched but no file was opened. If he saves the file to disk, he can usually open it fine.
Also, on some spreadsheets, when he opens them, he receives the message "There was a problem sending a comand to the program". I Googled that error and had him make this change which didn't resolve the issue.
1. Click the File tab, and then click Options.
2. Click Advanced, scroll down to the General section, and then clear the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the General area.
3. Click OK.