We have several hundred wireless devices that connect to a shared Wifi infrastructure. The entire IP network is flat IP infrastructure that is logically segregated with multiple internal Active Directory domains with their own DNS infrastructure. The following conditions are true on the network.
1. I can ping any wired device from any wireless device via IPv4 address
2. I cannot ping any device on my LAN via host-name while connected to WiFi
3. I can ping any wireless device from any hardwired device via IPv4 address
4. I cannot ping any other wireless device while connected to WiFi
5. WiFi devices attain IP addresses and DNS server addresses from the WiFi infrastructure
6. The DNS servers assigned are Google's public DNS servers
What I would like to do is have my machines that are joined to my domain resolve our internal domain systems WITHOUT maintaining a host file on each laptop/tablet/mobile device and WITHOUT hardcoding my DNS server.
Penny for your thoughts