We've got a client that's having issues with CSV files.
They have a translation system called Plunet that runs a script, creates a CSV which they can then import to Sage.
After they run this script, they can't then open any Excel documents from either an email attachment or Windows Explorer.
You double click on it and nothing happens.
I've discovered that after they've created this CSV file and close it down, it doesn't actually close the Excel.exe process.
To get this working, you have to manually close the excel.exe process.
I've done a full repair, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted temp files, changed permissions, but still nothing works.
I can see lots of 'Excel.exe processes not closing' issues but they tend to have Macros in the spreadsheet which this one doesn't have.