I have a Dell Latitucde E5540 laptop running Windows 7 Pro with all the latest updates. It has 4 GB ram
- its been scanned for viruses and Malware and came up clean
Problem I'm having its that it performing extremely slow where at times I cant open a documents of if a document is open, I cant type or whatever I type finally catches up and enters the typed charactors
- I disabled the MalwareBytes Premium I run
- Ive shut down all applications and web browsers.
- I checked taskmanager and found Cpu resources are very low near 0%
- the hard drive indicator light is totally solid
- the memory is maxed out to 3.8GB (my system normally never usese this much ram)
- Resource monitor shows that"svchost.exe (netsvcs)" is using the most physical ram. 2nd biggest user is "MsMpEng.exe" (which is Windows Defender) Most likly the biggest issue is "svchost.exe (netsvcs)" Process Explorer doesnt really help me. Maybe I'm not using the tool correctly
I disabled the MalwareBytes Premium
If I reboot the laptop, its fine for a few hours then goes back to these issues
What is a good tool to use to determine whats actually using the most ram and most interstingly, the hard drive being fully taxed at the same time the RAM usage is maxed out?
- I'm running the Microsoft Security Essentials. "Windows Defender" is turned off because I'm running MSE (I know in Windows 8, its actually the same as MSE)
- Im just wondering if MSE is part of the problem