Outlook Client Can't Connect After Migrating Mailbox from Exchange 2010 > Exchange 2013 SP1 Mailbox Database

I have already migrated multiple users with no issues, but this last user, once his mailbox had been migrated over to our Exchange 2013 SP1 servers, his Outlook client could no longer find the Exchange server.  He received the message that an admin has made changes that require them to restart their Outlook client.  Once he did that, he was presented with a message that Exchange was unavailable and that the server may be offline.  All other users, who also reside in the same subnet, are working just fine.

He can connect via OWA and his mobile device with no issues, it is literally just Outlook.  I logged on to the same machine where he is having the issue and was able to configure my account with no issues.  I removed his mail profile and recreated it with no success.  I then took it a step further and removed his local computer account and recreated it...still with no success.

I then had him log into a laptop with Outlook 2013 installed and he was presented with the same errors.  If I configure his Outlook profile manually, it will work just fine.  Also, if I migrate his mailbox back to an Exchange 2010 mailbox database, everything works just fine.

I still have hundreds of mailboxes to migrate and want to make sure this issue is resolved before proceeding.  Any information or other troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.
Scott RobbSr Systems AdministratorAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

ChrisCommented:
I've seen this issue previously when migrating certain customers from 2010 to 2013. After investigation, it turned out that they had some DNS issues which were preventing autodiscover from resolving.

It unlikely to be the cause in this instance as it's only one user but it might just be worth checking to see if autodiscover is functioning for the user.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Simon Butler (Sembee)ConsultantCommented:
First thing I would do is upgrade the server. Exchange 2013 SP1 is very old - it is effectively CU4, and we are on CU8, almost CU9 now. Therefore download CU8 and upgrade.

First thing to always check is that permission inheritance is enabled on the account. It could be that the change of location isn't replicating or being changed correctly following the move mailbox process.
If other users are working correctly it defiantly points to an account issue.

Simon.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.