Problem upgrading crystal report for visual studio

I upgraded my program from crystal reports 2008 runtime to CR2013.  I have also installed the crvs2013.  My project now works without error, however in development mode I get the following instead of the crystal reports.  Any Ideas.


design mode error
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

What code are you using?

mgmhicksAuthor Commented:
 Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
            'Dim myDS As New DataSet
            'myDS = Session("oDataSet")
            myreport = CType(Session("oClientDoc"), ReportDocument)
            '  myreport.SetDataSource(myDS)
            If Session("RptName") = "Insurance" Then
                CrystalReportViewer1.ToolPanelView = CrystalDecisions.Web.ToolPanelViewType.ParameterPanel
                CrystalReportViewer1.ToolPanelView = CrystalDecisions.Web.ToolPanelViewType.None
            End If
            CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = myreport
        Catch engx As CrystalReportsException
            Session.Add("oError", engx.Message & "crViewer1")
        Catch ex2 As ParameterFieldException
            Session.Add("oError", ex2.Message & "crViewer1")
        Catch ex3 As EngineException
            Session.Add("oError", ex3.Message & "crViewer1")
        End Try
    End Sub

Open in new window

I don't use the VS versions but the message seems to imply they changed the method of referring to reports.  They want to use the ReportSourceID  rather than the ReportSource

This line
     CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = myreport

Should be
    CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSourceID = myreport

I don't know what value it takes.  Try myreport.  If that is not it then there should be some property of the report that gives the ID.

mgmhicksAuthor Commented:
the problem ended up being the viewer it was actually using.  Even though both the both the crystalreportviewers13 and crystalreportviewers12 where both in the aspnet_client\system\4_0_30319 folder it was still using the 12 version.  When I removed the 12 versions folder it began to run correctly.  Sorry for the delay I have been on vacation.


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
mgmhicksAuthor Commented:
This is how the problem was solved and the only other comment had nothing to do with the solution.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Crystal Reports

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.