We are attempting to disable all Null sessions.
Step attempted thus far,
Changes were made to the following security policies and applied via GPO:
1. Network access: Allow anonymous SID/Name translation-Disable
2. Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts-Enable
3. Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts and shares -Enable
4. Network access: Let everyone permissions apply to anonymous users -Disable
5. Network access: Named Pipes that can be accessed anonymously (this policy disengage us from using our c$ share)-Cleared List
6. Network access: Shares that can be accessed anonymously-Cleared list
Issue: After we made those changes it was expected that when we ran the following command net use \\pc\ipc$ "" /u:"" the result would have been unsuccessful. However after the changes were implemented, null sessions are still connecting.
what can we do to disable null sessions in our environment??
Active Directory built on 2008 r2
Windows Server-2012, 2008r2, 2008, 2003r2, 2003, 2000
Pc Operating system- Window 7 and Xp