User gets NDR #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound when she receives any email

Hi Experts -

This is a weird one. I have a user that is getting a bounce back when she receives email from internal senders. The senders do not get a bounce back however. So if I send her an email, she gets the original email, but then she immediately gets an NDR with error "#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound". Below is some further information obtained from the NDR itself. I've replaced the sensitive info but have not modified anything else.

From: USER.NAME <>

As you would expect, this appears to be an issue with caching (The IMCEAEX string leads me to believe that), but nothing I try is helping the situation. I've cleared her NK2 file, added her LegacyExchangeDN value as an X500 address, and quite a few other little things in hopes to fix this. Nothing has worked.

 Remember, this happens when she receives an email, not when she sends one. I had the assumption that maybe some how her email was being forwarded to an old/non-existent account of hers, but everything is clear as far as I can see. No delegates assigned, no forwarding set up, etc. Any help here would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Relevant Info:

Exchange 2010, SP2, Update 8
Outlook 2013
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Will SzymkowskiSenior Solution ArchitectCommented:
Have you tried using OWA or Ouline in online mode? Also does this user have any Outlook Corrupt Rules that are present? If the users runs Outlook in safemode (outlook.exe /safe) does this issue still happen?


Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Veritas781Author Commented:
Yes, we've tried OWA and disabling Cached Exchange Mode, as well as starting Outlook in safe mode. Due to the nature of her getting the NDR when she receives mail, I could be wrong, but I'm guessing there is some attribute on her mailbox object or user account that contains corrupt information somehow, but I can't find it.
Will SzymkowskiSenior Solution ArchitectCommented:
It is possible what you could do is check her mailbox using MFCMAPI

Another thing you can try is moving her mailbox to another database and see if that corrects the issue. I know it sounds weird but moving a mailbox has corrected similar issues like this in the past. If all else fails what you could do it export all of her mail to a PST, create a new mailbox and then import the PST into the new mailbox.

Veritas781Author Commented:
Ok, I will give MFC Mapi a shot, and move her mailbox to a different database. I'll post results when I get them. If there's anything else anyone can think of, by all means, throw them at me.
Veritas781Author Commented:
The user did in fact have a corrupt rule. Once removed, the issue went away.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.