I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 desktop ed. I'm about to set up LAMP. I wonder what would be the correct order of steps that should be taken. I've already got a static IP from my ISP.
My idea would be as such:
1) To set up a static IP in Ubuntu and router. To cancel DHCP in both Ubuntu and the router;
2) To configure a Firewall in Ubuntu;
3) To update registrar's DNS entries for my domain name (hostname). I already has both the registrar and my site's domain name. To input my ISP's two DNS servers' IP's and to update my hostname's A record by inputting my static IP into it. Probably I should also update other records if needed CNAME for www. and MX for MTA;
4) To install LAMP stack (I would need HTTPS, so do I need to make sure that Open SSL is being installed too OR it's done automatically by default?);
5) To place my script's files (in my case it's Joomla) into an approprate Apache's folder (probably www, I think);
6) To set up SSL on Apache.