- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Netgear Router with Wireless
- Magic ISO (for mounting the files)
- AT&T DSL Internet service
- Samsung Note 8 Tablet
- Laptop running Windows 8
I have some DVD videos stored as ISO files on my Windows desktop hard drive in my home office. I want to stream those videos to my Samsung tablet in another room. The Netgear modem-router is connected to the desktop machine's network card via standard ethernet RJ45 cable. The router emits a WiFi signal by which I am able to stream the internet connection to my laptop, tablet, phone, and Blu-Ray player. On the desktop machine, I am able to mount several ISO files to virtual DVD drives (with unused drive letters, e.g., H through Z) using MagicISO.
I would like to stream those ISO video files over WiFi to my laptop, tablet, or phone.
I need to know how this can be done on my current system.
1. How to get the signal from the ISO's to be sent out over the WiFi.
2. How to receive the signal on the laptop or Android devices.
- One problem is, those virtual DVD drives are not in "Play" mode.
- Maybe better is to share the folder on the drive where the ISO's reside. But then, how to mount and play them on an Android device?