I'm facing some weirdness with one of our DC's. As I found out after running a DC Diag the DC which is our PDC & Domain Naming Master is returning just the Hostname instead of the FQDN, example:
C:\Users\admin>netdom query fsmo
Schema master AD01.Bank.LOCAL
Domain naming master AD02
RID pool manager AD01.Bank.LOCAL
Infrastructure master AD01.Bank.LOCAL
The command completed successfully.
Get list of DCs in domain 'bank.local' from '\\AD01.bank.LOCAL'.
mexico_01.bank.LOCAL [DS] Site: Mexico
clarkson_02.bank.LOCAL [DS] Site: Clarkson
AD01.bank.LOCAL [DS] Site: DC
AD02 [PDC] [DS] Site: DC
The command completed successfully
I started researching this but cannot find anything similar.