I need to do the following:
1. open last years file from a specific folder for a list of values
2. open this year file from a specific folder for a list of the same values
3. copy and paste last years workbook into this years workbook
4. do some calculations and formatting in the mergered workbook
5. save the mergered workbook into a specfic folder
I have most everything working, I will admit that I am an Excel VBA hack, being self taught by searching out what I need to do from experts here and other internet findings. My current struggel is if I cannot find a file for LY or a file for TY I want to skip that item in the list and move onto the next item in the list.
My file error method works for my first file, but it does not work for my second file and I don't know why.