I am trying to create a log file of amendments to a particular table of records.
My thinking on this is as follows.
1. I choose a record to amend, i.e. the contents of either one or more fields from TBL_main
2. copy that record to a temporary table TBL_temp
3. copy that record to the log table (as the record to be amended as its original state. TBL_log
4. Amend the record in the temporary table with the new data.
5. Update TBL_main with the new record
6. Copy the amended record to the TBL_log.
This way I end up with the log table with the two records i.e. the original and amended record
and the TBL_main is updated with the new amended record. I had planned to do this using queries and macros to achieve this somehow. However I am stuck on point one whereby I have to isolate the initial record itself!
I am also wondering if there is an easier way. Probably in VBA.