We have a custom application developed, it connects to SQL 2008 and retrieve information. It uses ODBC connection.
The application works in my computer, but when I install on other computers, it doesn't work. Below is what I ruled out the reasons. What others should I check? But strongly believe it's connection issue, but are not familiar with how to approach to troubleshoot.
1. It's not folder permission problem. I tested the application on two computer on same OS, same user, but one of them doesn't work. The error on all over the place of the application whenever it retrieves data;
'text message group can not be retrieved' then 'object was unloaded'
'form can not be opened' then 'Element not found'
'activex component can't create object' then 'run-time error '91': object variable or with block variable not set'
2. I copied ODBC registry from the working PC and imported to the trouble PC, no luck.
3. I copied all program folder files from the working PC to the trouble PC, no luck.
4. Both computers have same OS, Windows 8.1