OUTCOME: How many drugs are wasted each day. This is based on a report that they receive from the Pharmacy. They subtract the time whey were picked up (xfer type "I") from the time the drug was marked wasted ( W) by User. This user is then instructed on proper administration of drugs to help prevent drug waste.
Here is what the user is currently doing manually:
1. Highlight the patient's name, medication and users in the first report Medication Orders by Patient_Test.
2. Then look to see if there is a W noted for a medication for this patient by this same user. This means the medication was pulled but not administered.
3. I found that patient ESK had a drug picked up (I) by user SA at 01:23:42 on 06/15/15. This drug was marked W at 01:33:10, so this drug was wasted. The other listings for this patient were administered as there was no W noted.
4. I rounded off the times and subtracted 01:23 from 1:33 and got 10 minutes of wasted time.
5. Note that user MM wasted 1 hr and 42 minutes or 112 minutes. Wasted time is always listed in Minutes.
The final report should look like Medication Orders by Patient_Test2.
So I need a Formula that will do all of the above. I am fairly new to formulas and don't know where to start.