For a while now we suffer from slow performance on a Windows Server 2012 R2 standard VM running on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Hyper-V Host.
The bare metal machine is a Dell Poweredge R720, 48G RAM E5-2630v2
The VM has 4 vcores assigned with 32G Ram
The problem is, speeds will not get above 15MB/s and usually are even below 2MB/s. This happens on almost all systems. so far it happens on systems running Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu. A strange thing is that an old Windows 2008 server (which is only domain member now) is achieving the proper speeds of 50 - 100 MB/s. So far this is the only
system achieving normal speeds.
Ofcourse i have been searching around already and tried a couple of things to solve it which did not
- VMQ settings on host NIC:
Slow VM network performance with Broadcom NIC
- Disable Default Domain Policy Digital Signing
- Changing physical switch connections to the host (to rule out a faulty switch)
- Switching mainboard and NIC card by Dell (to rule out hardware failure)
- Recreate Network team and Virtual Switch
Anyone has any clue as to what may cause the problem because im starting to pull my hair out?