I have a windows 2008 R2 server. I can ping all the other servers in the domain but if I do a \\computername\share I get a "windows cannot access \\computername\share"
- Nslookup for the computer DNS name comes back fine.
- Pinging the computer comes back fine
- \\localhost\c$ gives me the same error, going by IP instead of UNC also fails
- Net share shows that the C$, IPC$ and ADMIN$ are all shared out
- Other servers in the domain are able to connect to shares on the server in question without problems.
- Windows firewall is off as well
Because of this problem I can't update group policy either on the server. It can't connect to SYSVOL
I've looked but i can't find a solution anywhere