I have inherited an HP 1:10GB Ethernet Blade Switch. I want to know the proper way to back this switch up. I have been reading through the command reference guide and it looks like I just do the following:
1. Putty into the switch
2. Go to the configuration menu
3. Run the following:
Configuration# ptcfg 192.168.250.155 HPSW-Backup-7-17-15
- 192.168.250.155 is the IP of my workstation which is running TFTP
- HPSW-Backup-7-17-15 is the name of the backup
My questions are:
1. Is this the right way to backup the switch?
2. Is there any interruption of service when the switch is backed up?
3. Is there a way to show the running configuration on a HP switch (like 'show run' on a Cisco switch?
Thanks for your help on this.