Internet Explorer / Outlook Exploit

On Friday, I had three separate clients become infected with some sort of virus/malware. The antivirus, Immunet, identifies it as: Clam.Win.Html.Exploit_CVE_2015_2413 (see attachment). The antivirus picks up on when my clients launch their Outlook (versions 2007 or 2010) and click between mail messages. Outlook also displays the error: :Web Browser Cannot find ...:/User/test.user/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows... Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." I have canned all three systems with CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Hijackthis and reset Internet Explorer settings back to default. Nothing has helped. Two of the clients running Windows 7 Pro and one is Running Windows 8.1. I have searched on using Google but not much is mentioned. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

JohnBusiness Consultant (Owner)Commented:
Try starting in safe mode and run your own Anti Virus application in Safe Mode and then Malwarebytes in Safe Mode. See if this makes more problem in eliminating the viruses.

Ask your clients to be more vigilant about opening emails from strangers. This is the first line of defense.
Clam is part of the virus scanning engine of Immunet.
Have you emptied the Quarantine folder of both these engines?

Install another anti virus app.  I am pretty sure Kaspersky will remove Immunet bits.
Note there is a free trial.

Are both uninstalled now?  If not, do so.  Use Revo Uninstaller and wait for step four to finish.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
YortAuthor Commented:
@jcimarron - Your advice about emptying the quarantine folders did help, but it didn't total resolve the issue. However, by doing so it allowed me to see the issue full circle wherein I learned there was a problem with the Clamwin scan engine within Immunet. I removed Immunet from the affected workstations, ran several scans all worksstatios (all came back clean) and installed a new AV product. Everything is working as it should. Thanks!
Glad to have helped.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Web Browsers

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.