I Started with a new client.
The other day an old server (lets call it SRV1) crashed. I figured no problem, all apps and data have been removed, until I noticed that my Windows 2008 R2 Exchange 2010 server lost it's ability to send emails out.
It appears that the Exchange server is relying on SRV1 for SMTP. How do I undo this? How do I set my healthy Exchange server to send/receive emails for the domain?
I can't seem to find any configuration on the Exchange side linking it to SRV1. I do see within the connection logs that it is attempting to connect to SRV1. Srv1 shows that it has two routing groups: 'Exchange Routing Group' associated to the new Exchange server and 'First Routing Group' associated to SRV1. I see an extra connector associated to the 'Internet' within the SRV1 'First Routing Group'. I don't want to screw this up, but, I'm running out of time - SRV1 is failing.
SRV1 is a Small Business 2003 server with a build in Exchange version 6.5.7638.1. I believe the previous IT guy was performing some type of migration between the old SBS 2003 domain to the new Win 2008 RD domain - including Exchange mailboxes. It's just my guess. The Win 2008 RD Exchange version is 14.00.0722.000.