Could some of you fine experts please sanity check my thinking here? I have an all-roles Exchange 2010 server with 2000 mailboxes and want to move to a Exchange 2013 two server HA set up. I want to avoid making any Outlook client side changes. Does this list make sense?
1. Setup new server with all roles, Exchange 2013.
2. Create CAS Array on Exchange 2013 box with just itself as member.
3. Move all mailboxes to new server, client's Outlook will go to new CAS Array.
3. Install hardware NLB with same FQDN as current Outlook profile and point to Exchange 2013 box and install on network. Users notice no change.
4. Remove Exchange 2010 box from network and reinstall as Exchange 2013.
5. Add new 2013 box to CAS Array.
6. Create DAG to include both 2013 servers
7. Update NLB to point at both 2013 servers