I have started working on setting up vCenter 5.1, but I can't get past the first step.
SSO installation fails. I spent days on this and I just can't seem to get it to work.
The error message I get is "Database connection has failed. You can refer to the vm-sso-javaLib.log in the system temp folder for more information" I reviewed the log, and it says "could not close JDBC connection.
I am trying to accomplish this using Windows 2012 R2 server and SQl 2012 full version DB.
I went through all the configurations step by step:
- after installing SQL, I went ahead run the user and the DB scripts
- The RSA DB, RSA_USER, and RSA_DBA user were created successfully.
- I set up the appropriate permission for the two user to the RSA DB.
- created a password for both users and confirmed that each user could login to the db with that password.
-configured all the needed firewall ports
- Created ODBC connection for both account, tested the connection, and it was successfull.
- reverse and forward lookup DNS record were created.
So not sure what I am doing wrong, and I am unable to get this to work.
Please see attached screenshot for the error message.