Avatar of yo_bee
Flag for United States of America asked on

Exchange 2010 search not returning any IRM email.

From what I can see all settings for IRM seem to be correct.
Transport rule passed
OWA passed
Outlook on-premise passed

[code]Search-mailbox -SearchQuery {subject:"*Daily Revenue*" AND received:8/23/2015} -deletecontent -force[/code]

This returns no results.

The same thing happens when in outlook connected to an Online Mailbox.
ExchangeActive DirectoryPowershell

Avatar of undefined
Last Comment

8/22/2022 - Mon
Systech Admin

PLease check the Eventlogs on the server for any issues
Systech Admin

Log in or sign up to see answer
Become an EE member today7-DAY FREE TRIAL
Members can start a 7-Day Free trial then enjoy unlimited access to the platform
Sign up - Free for 7 days
Learn why we charge membership fees
We get it - no one likes a content blocker. Take one extra minute and find out why we block content.
Not exactly the question you had in mind?
Sign up for an EE membership and get your own personalized solution. With an EE membership, you can ask unlimited troubleshooting, research, or opinion questions.
ask a question

So I tried and was able to search my mailbox after I did a rebuild of the Index for that DB, but once the crawl was done the items were no longer returned

I noticed something with this.  It stopped on 8/15/2015 the day I disable IRM, removed the DRM folder and re-enabled IRM.  

I did a IISRESET, but something must have been out of sync.  

I am going to copy the rights protect (DRM) folder back and see what happens.

To add to the confusion or maybe it is pointing me in the right direction.
It seems that emails that are protected with ADRMS manually by the user (From within Outlook) are searchable, but emails that are protected using a transport rule are not.

So we now really need to focus on the Exchange server.
I started with Experts Exchange in 2004 and it's been a mainstay of my professional computing life since. It helped me launch a career as a programmer / Oracle data analyst
William Peck

I rebuilt the IRM configuration and it started to work after the cache was refreshed.