Wondering if you could assist me please.
We have 2 physical servers at present
1. SBS 2008 - Acting as FILE SERVER, DC, DNS, DHCP, Exchange Server, SQL Server Database for mission critical APP for our environment
2. Server 2008 - Acting as a Terminal Server and running a mission critical APP as well
We are migrating the above 2 physical servers to the following -
1. File Server running Server 2012 R2 - Future DC, DNS, DHCP and FILE SERVER
2. Exchange Server running Server 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013
3. Application Server running Server 2012 - SQL Server Database and Application will be migrated to this server and it will also act as a new terminal server.
My Questions are as follows -
1. Has someone got a migration guide that explains how to do a SBS 2008 to Server 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013 migration.
2. Quite a while ago now, I did a migration from SBS 2003/8 to Server 2012 and Exchange 2010 and from memory there was something about SBS 2008 server to be decomissioned in 21 days. Is this still the case? I guess the issue we have is that we have 5 third parties involved in this migration and getting them to migrate everything across in 21 days from start might be hard.. Please advise the best way to do this so that we can get an extension on the 21 days or else we must plan it really well and for that we need a proper migration DOCO that explains entire procedure.