I have a customer who uses a 3rd party Citrix App. I have installed a new RDS server running Windows Server 2012 R2 for this customer. Apparently the software provided by the 3rd party is not compatible with Windows 8 or 2012. The software is Citrix On-line Plug-in.
After a good run-around trying to get the Citrix On-line Plug-in to work on the Windows 2012 R2 RDS server I gave up. To be honest it didn't work well on their Windows 2003 Terminal Server either.
Some reading led me to Citrix Receiver v4.3. Here is my experience with it on the same server.
1. Ran the Receiver Cleanup Tool as Administrator to scrub out remnants of Citrix On-line Plug-in. Rebooted
2. Installed the Receiver v.4.3 as Administrator in Install mode, Rebooted.
3. Signed in as a regular user and was able to connect to the 3rd partys hosted Apps. I repeated the success 3 times.
4. Attempted to do the same as a different user and had it fail with the error: Citrix Receiver: This version of Citrix Receiver does not support encryption. Please contact your administrator.[Error 1046: The Virtual Driver is not loaded]. The failure is repeatable.
5. Signed in as my Administrator account and it worked fine both on the console and in an RDP session . I used the users credentials to the 3rd party App from step 4 ruling out issues with the users logon.
I know there has been issues with the Citrix Receiver RE: Error 1046 and been resolved in future versions of the Receiver. Before I spend another chunk of time on this I was wondering if anyone had run into this and has a solution?
I have seen something about assigning unique IP addresses to RDS sessions and wondered if anyone thought that might help?
Thanks in advance.