Got a weird one for any Ricoh/Printer gurus out there:
1. We're talking about a Ricoh 5501 - in an office with several other Ricoh printers - some 5501's, some other models.
2. This particular Ricoh 5501 was humming along fine until today...office manager reports she can no longer print to or scan from it. Her assistant in the next office over, however, can print and scan fine. I am in yet a different part of the building - I cannot print or scan to it.
3. I can ping the printer just fine.
4. When I attempt to connect to the printer via the web interface, I'm seeing something bizarre - a plain white page with the words "it works!" on it (see attached image). Never seen or heard of this before. And the assistant who can print successfully - when I try to connect to the web interface of the printer using her computer, she sees the same "it works!" message.
5. On my laptop and on the office manager's computer, the printer shows as offline....at the printer itself, it says it is online.
6. Additional troubleshooting on my laptop - uninstalled/reinstalled the printer driver. No joy.
7. Tried setting up direct IP connection to the printer, but the printer TCP/IP wizard fails with "Additional port information required. The device could not be identified."
8. Power-cycled the printer several times - no joy.
9. There is another Ricoh printer 5501 next to the problem child, and it is working fine for everyone - did a tracert to both the problem printer and the good printer to see if there might be some weird firewall or VLAN stuff going on, but got to both printers in one hop immediately.
10. Compared network settings of both the problem child and the working printer - identical except for IP address.
I'm officially stumped - any suggestions are much appreciated.